German Renewables Summit 2019
Wednesday 12 June 2019
Aurora is delighted to host the first German Renewables Summit on Wednesday 12 June in Berlin, where we gather key decision makers from industry, investors, developers, and regulation to assess the future of renewables in Germany.
Sustained technology cost declines, rising power prices and competition have now allowed the economics of renewables to work without government support, indicated by zero bids and announcements of installations outside the EEG. This challenges today’s investment strategy, financing and commercialisation of wind and solar. We will discuss how the regulator can facilitate the transition to merchant renewables and the role of PPAs.
Attendees will leave with fresh perspectives to inform their own strategy for the post-EEG era. In this focused, half day session, key topics will be underlined by original analysis and forecasting by Aurora and perspectives from leading figures in industry, finance and scientific research:
- The policy environment and necessary regulation to facilitate the transition to merchant renewables and the respective role of PPAs
- Renewable PPAs – who can best manage the risk and what´s a fair value for PPAs?
- 12.30 – 13.30: Arrival/Light lunch
- 13.30 – 13.45: Aurora Insights – The policy environment and necessary regulation to facilitate the transition to merchant
renewables and the respective role of PPAs
- 13.45 – 14.00: Keynote by external speaker
- 14.00 – 14.45: Panel discussion with regulator and market participant
- 14.45 – 15.30: Break
- 15.30 – 15.45: Aurora Insights – Renewable PPAs – who can best manage the risk and what´s a fair value for PPAs?
- 15.45 – 16.45: Panel discussion with each market player: offshore, onshore, off-taker, finance
- 16.45 – 18.15: Drinks reception