The power market in Great Britain is going through a period of enormous change, driven by rapid technology and policy evolution.
Aurora’s GB Power Market Service provides you with long-term power market forecasts, detailed policy reviews and outlooks, in-depth analysis and quantification of the industry’s changing issues, as well as close interaction with the Aurora team through interactive client forums, bilateral workshops and ongoing analyst support.
Aurora’s service will give you the intelligence you need to answer pressing questions such as:
- What are the impacts of increasing electric vehicles, storage, flexible generation and lower cost renewables on the power market?
- What are the impacts on wholesale market prices, price shape and captured prices per technology?
- How will the push toward further interconnection impact both wholesale and capacity market prices as well as various types of generation?
- What are the prospects for wind and solar cannibalisation as deployment increases? What is the appropriate design for a market with a very high share of renewables?
Clients include: large utilities, power generators, renewables developers and investors, equipment suppliers, grid operators, policy makers and financial institutions, who typically use the GB Power Market Service to:
- Inform long-term investment decisions in generation and infrastructure assets across a wide range of technologies including CCGT, OCGT, hydro, energy from waste, peakers, batteries, solar and wind
- Anticipate changes in policy, technology and commodity markets and assess their effects
- Understand the fundamental changes in the market and the resulting implications for their business models
- Keep up to date with medium-term and long-term forecasts for power, coal, oil, gas, and carbon
- Validate internal forecasts and value existing portfolios as part of their business cycle
Using a combination of market intelligence and insight, our forecasts will give you the understanding and transparency you need to make informed commercial decisions.
For more information about our services, please request further information below. You can also download our flyer about our GB Power Market Service here