Aurora’s Flexibility Market Summary provide a concise monthly review of recent events in key markets for flexible technologies. The initial focus is on the balancing mechanism and firm frequency response (FFR) markets with more ancillary services markets to be added over time.
Highlights of the August 2019 report include:
- 46 dynamic bids were accepted in August, bringing the volume-weighted average price of accepted bids up 7% to £5.48/MW/h.
- Limejump was accepted for 15 contracts totalling 42.7 MW duration-weighted volume in both dynamic and static markets, with average accepted prices at £7.13/MW/h and £3.92/MW/h and the highest accepted price of £7.94/MW/h.
- The total duration-weighted dynamic volume procured for September increased 9% from last month to 440 MW. Providers with over 30 MW of duration-weighted volume were Limejump, Statera, Noriker, Centrica, Restore and Arenko.
- The volume-weighted average price of accepted bids in the static market decreased by 4% to £3.25/MW/h, the first price decrease since Jan-19.
- Procured static volume for September delivery remains dominated by PeakGen, with 67 MW out of 129 MW of duration-weighted volume.
Not a subscriber? Get more information here.