Aurora’s Flexibility Market Summary provide a concise monthly review of recent events in key markets for flexible technologies. The initial focus is on the balancing mechanism and firm frequency response (FFR) markets with more ancillary services markets to be added over time.
Highlights of the February 2019 report include:
- Thirty-five dynamic bids were accepted in February, bringing the volume-weighted average price of accepted bids down to £3.1/MW/h.
- Limejump captured the highest accepted price at £9.85/MW/h for five 1-month DSF storage (for export) contracts in the dynamic market, totalling 36 MW duration weighted volume procured in this tender round.
- The total duration weighted dynamic volume procured for March decreased 10% from last month to 496 MW, with batteries contributing 19% of the total duration weighted volume.
- The volume-weighted average price of accepted bids in the static market increased to £1.9/MW/h, with 19 accepted bids this February.
- Peak Gen Power was accepted for 1-month distributed DSF generation (for export) contracts in the static market at £4.75/MW/h, which was the highest accepted price since Jan-17.
Not a subscriber? Get more information here.