Aurora’s Flexibility Market Summary provide a concise monthly review of recent events in key markets for flexible technologies. The initial focus is on the balancing mechanism and firm frequency response (FFR) markets with more ancillary services markets to be added over time.
Highlights of the January 2019 report include:
- Forty-one dynamic bids were accepted in January, bringing the volume-weighted average price of accepted bids up to £6.9/MW/h.
- First Hydro Company was accepted for its 1-month hydro contract in the dynamic market at £18.2/MW/h, the highest accepted price since Jan-18.
- The total duration weighted dynamic volume procured for February increased 32% from last month to 550 MW, with batteries contributing 29% of the total duration weighted volume.
- Limejump was accepted for nine 1-month contracts in both dynamic and static markets, totalling 96.3 MW duration weighted volume procured for February.
- The volume-weighted average price of accepted bids in the static market decreased to £1.2/MW/h, with 13 accepted bids this January.
- Two battery/DSR bids and five diesel bids were accepted in the static market, totalling 20MW and 30.8MW out of a total of 60.3MW duration weighted capacity procured in this tender month.
Not a subscriber? Get more information here.