Aurora’s Flexibility Market Summary provide a concise monthly review of recent events in key markets for flexible technologies. The initial focus is on the balancing mechanism and firm frequency response (FFR) markets with more ancillary services markets to be added over time.
Highlights of the September 2019 report include:
- 49 dynamic bids were accepted in September, bringing the volume-weighted average price of accepted bids down marginally to £5.39/MW/h.
- Limejump was accepted for 19 contracts totalling 64.6 MW duration-weighted volume in both dynamic and static markets, with average accepted prices at £6.76/MW/h and £3.90/MW/h and the highest accepted price of £7.94/MW/h.
- The total duration weighted dynamic volume procured for September in the dynamic market remained similar to last month at 442 MW. Statera and Limejump were two main providers for October delivery, with contracted duration weighted volumes at 112 MW and 95 MW respectively.
- The volume-weighted average price of accepted bids in the static market decreased by 32% to £2.21/MW/h, the lowest average observed since Mar-19, due to bids of £0.89/MWh from PeakGen in the 11pm – 7am EFA blocks. Daytime prices remained close to £3/MWh.
- Procured static volume for September delivery remains dominated by PeakGen, with 86 MW out of 154MW of duration weighted volume.
Not a subscriber? Get more information here.