GB Renewables Forecast – H1 2019
Aurora is pleased to present its latest GB Renewables Forecast, H1 2019. This presents Aurora’s comprehensive view on the state of Renewables in the GB power market, and includes our latest outlook on subsidy-free business models, and regional differences in prices, production and capacity to 2040.
The analysis draws on our internal modelling capabilities, and much of the content has been developed through a detailed consultation process across private and public sector players.
Key messages from the report include:
- Reforms within the Targeted Charging Review will impact transmission and distribution connected assets, increasing the uncertainty for renewables
- The Contract for Difference Allocation Round 3 is expected to be dominated by offshore wind; mainland onshore wind and solar PV are prevented from participating
- Perovskite layers for solar PV and onshore wind receiving planning permission for higher tip heights signals significant technological potential for renewables. Greater opportunities in energy trading will further aid the co-located solar PV plus storage business model
- New build subsidy-free capacity reaches 8.6GW in 2030; capacity decreases since H2 2018 due to policy and market updates
- Grid parity for subsidy-free projects can be achieved now for exceptional sites or where investors are willing to accept lower returns
The exhibits from the report, can be downloaded in PDF and the underlying data in Excel format from the download section of EOS.
If you would like to discuss the findings, please get in touch.