The e-mobility revolution: impact of electric vehicles on the GB power system and emerging utility business models
Aurora Energy Research’s new report examines the impacts of the growth in electric vehicles on the GB power market.
The report addresses a number of key questions:
- How and when will the market penetration of electric vehicles increase, and what does this mean in terms of additional power demand?
- What is the current charging profile for electric vehicles, and how might this change in the future?
- What impact could EV charging have on demand shape and peak demand?
- What are the market and system implications of EV charging, and how does this differ if charging is ‘smart’ or ‘dumb’?
- What are the key utility business models that might emerge with the transition towards electric vehicles?