Aurora’s Flexibility Market Summary provide a concise monthly review of recent events in key markets for flexible technologies. The initial focus is on the balancing mechanism and firm frequency response (FFR) markets with more ancillary services markets to be added over time.
Highlights of the June 2019 report include:
- 46 dynamic FFR bids were accepted in June, bringing the volume-weighted average price of accepted bids down marginally to £4.24/MW/h.
- Limejump was accepted for 11 contracts totalling 26 MW duration-weighted volume in both dynamic and static FFR markets, with contracted prices peaking at £7.94/MW/h, the highest accepted in this tender round.
- The total duration weighted dynamic FFR volume procured for June increased marginally from last month to 425 MW, with batteries (including battery, battery/DSR, battery-diesel hybrid and DSF: Storage) contributing 75% of the total duration weighted volume.
- The volume-weighted average price of accepted bids in the static FFR market continued to rise, increasing 4% from April to £3.31/MW/h, the highest average price since Dec-17.
- City Energy was accepted for two 1-month DSF: Load Response static contracts at £4/MW/h and £3.95/MW/h respectively, the highest accepted prices in the static market.
- Six biofuel bids were accepted in the static FFR market, totalling 80MW (70%) out of a total of 115MW duration weighted capacity procured in this tender month.
Not a subscriber? Get more information here.