The Carbon price thaw: Post freeze future of GB carbon pricing – Friday 13 October 2017
In the upcoming Autumn Budget, the Treasury is likely to decide on the future of carbon pricing in GB, having postponed the decision earlier this year.
In this Webex session, leaders from Aurora’s research and consulting teams will explore potential carbon price scenarios and their consequences for market participants and policy goals.
The session will address the following questions:
- What impact has the introduction of the Carbon Price Support had to date?
- What future carbon price trajectories seem likely (in the UK and Europe) and what are key policy considerations?
- Is there a risk that the UK pulls out of the EU Emissions Trading Scheme altogether?
- What are implications of changes in the carbon price for different technologies and market participants?
- What are the consequences in terms of carbon emissions, energy affordability and tax receipts?
Interested in viewing the recording? Please get in touch