The Aurora Spring Forum is one of the leading gatherings of the European energy industry, bringing together key international industry leaders and senior decision makers in an exclusive and intimate setting in Oxford, UK.
The Forum is an opportunity to discuss the medium and long-term challenges of the industry and the topic for 2021 focusses on ‘Building back: Strategising the energy sector’s role in the global economic recovery’. A key subject on the agenda will be the need for international cooperation to achieve a successful energy transition, especially in these challenging times.
More information will follow soon.
Please register your interest using the button below:
In response to the UK Government’s advice and Aurora’s wider concerns related to COVID-19, the Spring Forum 2020 became a fully virtual event and hosted highly insightful discussions and panel debates with leading industry figures such as: Baroness Brown – Vice Chair, Committee on Climate Change, Will Gardiner – CEO, Drax Group, Andreas Schierenbeck – CEO, Uniper, Mike Lewis – CEO, E.ON UK, Sinead Lynch – UK Country Chair, Shell and others.
The key topics included:
- Global Net Zero by 2050 – feasibility and financial implications
- The role of the utilities in achieving Net Zero and the policies needed in this parliament
- The role of hydrogen in Net Zero as one of the most promising decarbonisation options
- Financial implications of Coronavirus on energy companies
- Net Zero technologies: the role of nuclear and Government support for the next wave of emerging technologies
- Renewables investment – strategies in an increasingly competitive sector
- The role of the company board during the transition
- The European Green Deal and what it means for the power sector
More about the Virtual Spring Forum 2020 here.